Kouda's Fasting Therapy Overview
Duration
•Often 2–4 weeks in a medical setting (sometimes longer under supervision).
•Daily Caloric Intake
•900–1000 kcal/day (very low compared to normal needs).
Main Foods
•Brown Rice Gruel or porridge - (whole grain - oats can be used) Provide carbohydrate and fiber
•Green Vegetable Juice - Homemade juice of leafy greens - Provides vitamins, minerals, and chlorophyll.
•Plain Tofu (with salt or sesame paste) - Provide protein
•Miso Soup – without or with seaweed or seasonal vegetables.
Occasional Additions
•Pickled vegetables in very small amounts.
•Herbal teas (Persimmon leaf or rosehip) – Provide Vitamin C
•Warm water (or room temperature) – Minimum 2 liters (68 oz)
Daily Routine
Morning: Warm water or herbal tea
Noon: Brown rice porridge + green vegetable juice + 50 g tofu
Evening: Brown rice porridge + miso soup + 50 g tofu.
Throughout the day: Sipping water, herbal tea.
Restrictions
•No meat, fish, eggs, or dairy.
•No refined sugar, white rice, or processed foods.
•No alcohol or caffeine
Intended Effects
•Rest the digestive system while providing minimal energy.
•Promote excretion
•Reduce inflammation and oxidative stress.
•Encourage beneficial gut flora
•Trigger natural healing responses via a mild fasting state (ketosis + autophagy)
Medical Supervision
•Patients are monitored for weight, blood pressure, and lab markers for long term practice
Day 14 - Transition
I had soccer games and parties over the weekend and had unhealthy meals like pizza, hot dogs, donuts, hot chocolates, ice cream, cakes, burgers, cinnamon rolls, and enchiladas etc. I have been eating light, so I had no craving for those, but it was good. Because I knew those foods would be there and harder to control how much I eat while we are eating and socializing, I skipped two meals and only ate once.
I stayed at 123.8 lb. I was so proud of myself for fulfilling my goals of losing 1+ lb every week.
I'm getting back to a normal eating light routine again today.
Comments
Post a Comment