Day 5 - Smaller Eating for Mental Health





Now I weigh myself every day and record what I eat, so I am more conscious about eating healthy and losing weight. 

I started with 126.7 lb 5 days ago and went down to 124.6 lb, but I rebounded to 126.4 again. 

This morning I went back to 125.0 lb because I tried to eat healthy again yesterday. 

I'm still under my goal of losing 1 lb every week, so I should not panic and be patient. I need to tell myself always positive things while I'm trying to do something good. "This is pretty good, going over the candy temptations of Halloween. Well done!" 

I skipped breakfast to start intermittent fasting. 

I feel full quicker when I eat rice, so yesterday I only ate rice balls for lunch and dinner. 

I also ate a small amount of chips and salsa last night. 

Because I ate too much two nights ago, I did not feel hungry at all until around 2 pm yesterday. 

Skipping breakfast and waiting until I'm hungry is important, and also, it's important to eat something I can enjoy eating. 

I love making rice balls with spam and imitation crab with Korean seaweeds. 

I also ate two bites of Tres Leches and one piece of dark chocolate from the chocolate factory, which my husband brought home.  

Even if we do not want to lose weight, reducing how much we normally eat is a good thing for our overall health. 


I do not feel that I eat too much normally, but overeating for a long time causes our liver function to go down. 

My grandparents and parents said this over and over since I was little.

Because "sugary snacks, desserts, and drinks, and refined carbs like pasta, pizza, and burgers that do not contain many vegetables will make us sick." They did not know scientific evidences, but they could tell those from their experiences. 

This word is true, and it is scientifically proven that these can harm our liver function. 

I eat those when I am socializing with others, but I try to get back to healthy, normal habits as soon as those are over. 

Maintaining a healthy, balanced diet with appropriate portion sizes and engaging in regular physical activity is essential for supporting liver health and preventing or even reversing the early stages of fatty liver disease. 

Comments