Day 1 - 21 days of practice for eating small and efficient



"Those who remember to eat until 80% full won't need a doctor." 

Feeling completely full is eating too much. The best amount is 80/100. This is a common practice that all Japanese people remember when they eat. If you ask them about "Hara hachibunme"(腹八分目), every Japanese person would know what it teaches. The whole Japanese proverb goes, "Those who remember to eat until 80% full won't need a doctor." 

I am going to try 21 days of practice for eating small and efficiently.
In order to start Kouda therapy again to optimize my health before winter. 

It's fall, and outside is so colorful and beautiful. 
Also, this means the flu and COVID shots are out in clinics and pharmacies. 
We need to stay healthy for a preparation of winter. 

The first thing to remember for eating smaller portions is that Dehydration mimics hunger. 

The first thing that we need to remember is to eliminate all snacks from our sight and start carrying a water bottle everywhere. When our brain senses dehydration, the brain sends signals to eat more. So, we feel hungry when we are dehydrated. 

I make sure to drink at least 1.5 L of water before lunch and another 1.5 L after lunch. (1.5 L is 50 oz.)

If we can make some herbal teas (non-caffeine) that will be even better. 

The best kind of herbal teas are those with rich in vitamin C. Rosehip or persimmon leaf tea contains much higher vitamin C than lemon. 

The second thing to remember is to only eat until 80% full. 

If we can do this always, our stomachs will never stretch out. Also, gradually and naturally, we will eat smaller and smaller. 


Day 1 - Transition of Kouda Therapy

I have a goal of losing 10 lbs in 8 weeks. 

My optimum weight is 120 lb, so I want to keep the weight fluctuation in + and - 5 lb always. 

I gained 10 lb over the summer after I came back to the U.S. in July. Losing more than 10 lb is going to be extremely hard, but I usually lose 10 lb pretty quickly within 8 weeks. 

I start from 126.7 lb and see if I can get to 116.7 in 8 weeks.

That means I need to lose 1-2 lb every week to achieve the goal. If I can lose 2 lb every week, I will achieve that goal within 5 weeks. 

I'm going to share a few tips to reduce meal portions to start doing Kouda therapy. While I'm transitioning to the Kouda therapy, I expect to lose the 10 lb. 


Comments